Friday, September 15, 2017

fruit crisp healthy style

filling:
  • 3-4 cups of your favorite fruit such as  pears, Granny Smith apples or peaches -cored and sliced into small bite-sized pieces
  • 1 c fresh or frozen berries such as blackberries, blueberries or cranberries (I used gooseberries with blueberries)
  • 2 T natural sweetener such as maple syrup or local honey (add more for a sweeter taste)
  • 2 T arrowroot or corn starch (I prefer arrowroot)
  • 1 T lemon juice
  • ½ t ground ginger
  • ¼ t cinnamon
topping:
  • 1 c oats (I used gluten-free)
  • ¼ c coconut flour, almond meal or almond flour
  • ½ c slivered almonds, chopped walnuts or pecans
  • 0- ⅓ cup lightly packed brown sugar (I used no sugar because almonds were honey roasted)--season to desired sweetness
  • 2 T unsweetened coconut, if desired
  • ¼ t fine grain sea salt or few twists of Himalayan salt (I used the pink stuff)
  • 4 T coconut oil or butter, melted (I used coconut oil)
  • 3 T plain Greek yogurt or vanilla flavored (I used vanilla Greek)
preheat oven at 350 degrees
mix filling and place in a baking dish
mix topping and drop spoonfuls over filling.....spread gently to completely cover
bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown
serve warm with fave topping & a sprinkle of cinnamon!

No comments: